The Waconia Wildcat girls swim and dive team traveled to Willmar for the Section 3A finals. The team placed 5th overall and qualified 8 events to state swim meet. Swimmers qualify to the state meet either by placing in the top two spots at the section finals or by finishing with a qualifying time at the section finals. Results of the meet are:
* 200 medley relay: placed 4th with a school record and qualified for the state meet.
* 200 freestyle: Jerica Warrington placed 5th with a school record and a state qualifying time.
* 200 IM: Claire Canfield placed 7th, Ella Swanson 12th
* 50 freestyle: Julia Bartell placed 3rd with a state qualifying time, Lucy Elg 12th.
* 100 butterfly: Abby Voelker placed 5th with a state qualifying time.
* 100 freestyle: Julia Bartell placed 4th with a state qualifying time, Kit Swanson 11th.
* 200 freestyle relay: 2nd place with a state qualifying time
* 100 backstroke: Jerica Warrington placed 2nd with a state qualifying time, Claire Canfield 6th, Abby Voelker 8th
* 100 breaststroke: Ella Swanson placed 10th
* 400 freestyle relay: 4th place with a state qualifying time.
Assistant coach Drew Sodey was named the Section 3A Assistant Coach of the Year.
The girls state swim and dive meet is Friday and Saturday, November 15th and 16th at the University of Minnesota Aquatics Center. Wildcat state team members include: Kit Swanson, Julia Bartell, Ella Swanson, Jerica Warrington, Claire Canfield, Jordyn Grotbo, Lucy Elg, Maddie Stutelberg, and Abby Voelker. Way to go Wildcats!